About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother, grandmother.

Followers

Friday, August 26, 2011

California

I have been in West Covina, CA for fifteen days. Randy has been here working on a project in West Covina and Indianapolis since March. We have been trying different restaurants in the area every night. Did you know that Marie Calendar has a restaurant and bakery? Its very good>

I have crocheted three dish cloths and started a fourth. I have worked on some English paper piecing while being away from home. I bought the paper piecing supplies from Connecting Threads. Tumbler blocks and hexagons. It is a take along project. Almost every quilter I know has started or wants to start a Grandmothers Flower Garden.

I grew up in  in Hemet, California. We went to visit last weekend. It is in Southern CA and the road I lived on is even more rural now than it was 40 years ago.

Wednesday night we went to The Sew N Sew Quilt  and Brother Store in Glendora, CA. It is a cute little shop that has been there for a year. Of course, I found a few fat quarters. If you are ever able to visit you will like it and the shops around it.

I have been listening to books on my IPOD. I buy most of my books from Audible.com I can listen while I do handwork.

We leave to fly home in the morning and will be back in Indiana around midnight or so.

1 comment: